1. How long does it take to process my application?
a. Please allow 2 business days to process all documents
2. When will my application be complete?
a. Your application is considered complete when 1)your application is submitted 2)you have requested membership in the Facebook group, and 3) you have established a recurring payment schedule through PayPal
3. How long does my membership last?
a. Your membership will last until you cancel your recurring payment
4. How do I cancel my membership?
5. How much does iBabysit cost?
a. The first month is 100% free! You choose a plan for what works best for you after that! Go to the Confirm Trial page to find pricing!
6. How do I view other member’s applications?
a. Click on the “Files” tab at the top of the Facebook group and scroll to find the name
7. How can I find/write sitter reviews?
a. Click on the “Files” tab at the top of the Facebook group and scroll to find the name. Comment under their name to write/review sitter reviews.
8. How much do I pay the sitter?
a. iBabysit facilitates the connection between sitters and parents. The price is whatever the parent and sitter agree upon.
9. How do you post for a job?
a. Once you are accepted into the FB group, posting for a job is easy. Simply include the necessary details: time, date, general location, age of child(ren), and any other specific needs a sitter would need to know upfront.
10. Do I have to use the first sitter that responds?
a. NO! The sitter you choose is a personal decision which owes no explanation to anyone.
11. How do I keep my application up to date?
a. If you have any major changes which need to be made to your application such as 1)a new baby, 2)new certifications, 3)availability changes, etc…please fill out a new application and include an email stating that this is an updated application.
12. How can I find out upcoming news about iBabysit?
a. We send out an “iBabysit Newsletter” via email.
13. How do I report concerns or problems?
a. Group safety is everyone’s concern and we reserve the right to terminate membership should we feel necessary. Email iBabysitBirmingham@gmail.com with any pertinent details.
14. Does iBabysit perform background check on the sitters in the group?
a. iBabysit Birmingham encourages all of its members to take an active role in the process of finding care & service providers or finding jobs. Hiring a provider, or being hired by an individual or family, is serious business. We will monitor the Facebook group to the best of our ability, but we need everyone’s help in spotting someone who has joined the group without the best of intentions. As such, we reserve the right to delete a member who has been flagged.
To help you make the most informed decision possible, iBabysit Birmingham strongly suggests you perform standard safety checks, including:
· Checking References. Checking references is an easy but important part of selecting a care or service provider. This includes checking a broad range of references - not just the ones provided by an employer or a care & service provider.
· Conducting Interviews. Providers and families should both thoroughly interview potential matches and be sure that all important questions are answered. Only you will know if the fit feels right. Take your time in the process to ensure that it's the perfect match for you or your family.
· Running a Background Check. Running a background check is an additional step you can take to better understand the candidates that you are considering. However, it is not a substitute for checking references and conducting a personal interview. Additionally, the results of a background check may not always be 100% accurate or complete.
· The decision to hire (or be hired) ultimately rests with you. Take the time required to make a decision that you're comfortable with.